Effective Date: October 26, 2023
Nella Cutlery and Food Equipment Inc. Multi-Year Accessibility Plan 2023-2027
Statement of Commitment
Nella Cutlery and Food Equipment Inc. is committed to preventing, identifying and removing barriers to accessibility in a timely, integrated, and accessible manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. We are committed to providing goods, services, and employment opportunities to all people. This Multi-Year Accessibility Plan outlines our progressive approach to meeting the current accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA”).
In accordance with the legal and regulatory requirements set out in the AODA’s Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulations, Nella Cutlery and Food Equipment Inc. will:
- Establish, implement, and maintain policies governing how the organization will achieve accessibility.
- Prepare and develop the Multi-Year Accessibility Plan.
- Make the corporate policy(ies) and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan available to our employees and the public, upon request.
- Provide the polices and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan in an accessible format, upon request.
Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
Nella Cutlery and Food Equipment Inc. is committed to providing its goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We have followed the Accessible Customer Service Standard and will continue to comply with the regulation. We strive to deliver an accessible customer service experience by ensuring that people with disabilities can access and equally benefit from the same services and facilities as all other customers.
- Ensuring that in situations where an individual with a disability is accompanied by a support person or service animal, both are accommodated and provided equal access to our goods and services and are allowed in areas opened to the public and other third parties in accordance with our Food Safety and Health and Safety standards.
- Providing a prompt notification to the public of any temporary service disruption to facilities or services used by persons with disabilities. This notice includes information regarding the reason and duration of disruption and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
- Ensuring every person, who within the organization, interacts with the public on behalf of Nella Cutlery is provided with training based on the requirements of the relevant accessibility laws and standards
- Training is given to all employees, including those who participate in the development of the organization’s policies, and all other people who provide goods, services, and facilities on behalf of the company.
- Training includes the purpose and importance of the accessibility standards developed by provincial legislation as well as tips on how to communicate, interact, and support people with disabilities.
- Training is provided as soon practicable within the onboarding process and on a continuous basis in respect to any changes made to the Nella Cutlery Accessibility policies
Nella Cutlery and Food Equipment Inc. welcomes customer feedback to improve the accessibility of products and services. We are committed to arrange, upon request, for the timely provision of accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities to provide us feedback in a manner that is most convenient to them. This will be done through multiple communication channels such as in person, by telephone, in writing, by email, or any other electronic format. We believe that collecting feedback will help us learn about barriers in the workplace so we can work on making them accessible, if possible.
Accessibility Standards for Employment
Nella Cutlery and Food Equipment Inc. is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices across all stages of the employment cycle to attract, retain, and accommodate people with disabilities. The organization will take the necessary steps to meet the employment regulations under relevant accessibility legislation relating to recruitment and selection, return to work, individual accommodation, workplace emergency response information, and performance management and talent development.
- During the recruitment process, Nella Cutlery and Food Equipment Inc. will continue to notify the public including job applicants who are selected to participate in an assessment, that accommodations are available upon request for those with disabilities.
- When a selected applicant requests an accommodation, Nella Cutlery and Food Equipment Inc. consults with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that considers the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
- When making offers of employment, Nella Cutlery and Food Equipment Inc. will notify the successful applicant about its policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
- Employees will be provided with updated information whenever there is a change to existing policies.
- Employees will be advised that their dignity and privacy will be respected, and that information related to their accommodation needs will not be discussed without their consent.
Return to Work Process
Nella Cutlery and Food Equipment Inc. will continue to develop and document a return-to-work process that outlines the steps that the company will take to facilitate the return to work of employees who have been absent due to a disability and require disability-related accommodations in order to return to work. The return-to-work process incorporates the following elements:
- Identifying the essential job tasks or functions.
- Determining a reasonable method to provide accommodation that enables the employee with disability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Maintaining the return-to-work policy in writing and tracking the progress of employees who are currently being accommodated as a result of disability.
- Developing and providing training to the managers and other professionals responsible for executing the return-to-work process.
Individual Accommodation Plans
Nella Cutlery and Food Equipment Inc. will continue to develop and document individual accommodation plans which comprise part of the return-to-work process, performance management, career development, and redeployment. The individual accommodation plan will be provided to the point of undue hardship and will incorporate the following elements:
- The employee’s participation in the development of the individual accommodation plan.
- The manner in which the employee will be assessed on an individual basis.
- The manner in which Nella Cutlery and Food Equipment Inc. can request evaluations by an outside medical professional or other expert at our own expense to assist with determining if and how a suitable accommodation can be achieved.
- The manner in which the employee can request the participation of a representative from their bargaining agent, or other representative from the workplace, where the employee is not represented by a bargaining agent, in the development of the accommodation plan.
- The frequency by which the plan will be reviewed and updated.
Accessibility Standards for Information and Communication
Nella Cutlery and Food Equipment Inc. is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities.
The company has and will continue to incorporate new accessibility requirements under the standard by doing the following:
- Consult with employees to provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports that is suitable and meets the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner.
- Provide accessible information that is needed in order to perform the employee’s job.
- Notify the public about the availability of information in accessible formats and communication supports upon request.
For More Information
If you require more information on this accessibility plan, need to request this plan in an accessible format, or wish to provide feedback, please contact us at:
1255 Fewster Dr., Mississauga, ON, L4W 1A2
905 823 1110